Heavy Duty Butynol Membrane
Ardex Butyseal is a high performance 1.5mm synthetic rubber
membrane based on the genuine butynol technology combined
with a geotextile backing.
E2/AS1 Acceptable Solution
High puncture resistance
Ability to be used over a wide range of
Can be adhered directly to failed bitumen and
other failed membranes.
Download Ardex Butyseal Datasheet
Special Features of Butyseal
• Cost effective - The fibre backing provides a protective
underside barrier that allows application over a wide range
of surfaces, including existing membranes and bitumen.
• Extra strength, high puncture, tear and impact resistance.
• Retains flexibility and is not stressed in any way by the
backing or inhibited to compensate for building movement.
• Ability to be loose laid over surfaces with moisture
content. No delays with uncured slabs, water vapour can
dissipate without causing stress to the membrane.
• Quick Application - The system is fully bonded using ARDEX
WA98 contact adhesive. ARDEX BUTYSEAL can also be loose laid
• ARDEX BUTYSEAL is unaffected by thermal shock and UV rays.
• The fibre backing allows the membrane to take up minor
undulations in the substrate, particularly useful when
applied over existing membrane systems.
• ARDEX BUTYSEAL can be applied to XPS using suitable
• ARDEX BUTYSEAL can be applied onto Polyurethane Foams,
providing an instantly suitable substrate with insulation
ARDEX BUTYSEAL is a roofing system designed primarily for
the retrofit of existing membrane systems. The membrane
incorporates a fibre backing which is laminated to the
underside of the sheet membrane. This fleece provides an
excellent means of ventilation for the membrane as well as
increasing the puncture resistance of the membrane.
BUTYSEAL is covered by a 20 years material warranty
available from ARDEX following installation by an approved
Structural concrete, Plywood, Modified
bitumen roofs, Malthoid, Tongue and grooved or butt joined
sarking, Polyurethane foams, Nuralite, Nuraply, Shelterbit,
Butynol, Bituclad, bituFLAME, Casali, Hitchins Torch-on,
Nuplex Torch-on, Jaydex Torch-on, Viking Torch-on, Butylclad,
Sika Sarnafil, ecoTUFF, Enviroclad, EPDM, PVC, TPO, TPE,
Viapol Torch-on, Liquid Membranes, Chevaline Dexx, Equus
Torch-on, FFR-K1, Mapeplan TPO/FPO
and earth formed dams. Substrate bonding is achieved with a
variety of specially developed adhesives.